All members of Roy Cloud School are strongly encouraged to participate in and volunteer for PTO events throughout the year. The success of the Roy Cloud and the PTO can be seen in the cooperation between teachers and parents as we work together for the best interest of our children and our school.
It is both PTO financial support and active parent volunteerism that ensures we have these important programs on campus:
- STEAM Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) & Makery: This teacher provides tech integration coaching and runs the Makery lab for our students. Our PTO funds 50%, and the remaining 50% is paid by Measure U funds.
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant for Teachers: This assistant provides copying, laminating or other support as requested by teachers.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Initiative: Funded through the Fund-A-Need at both the 2019 and 2020 school auction, the goal of this initiative is to create an environment where all children feel safe, valued and are ready to learn. The program will include in-school programs and family events.
- Garden Science: Science education and environmental literacy in our beautiful outdoor garden, provided through Climate Corps Education Outside. (K-5)
- Physical Education: For K-5, PTO contracts with Legarza Sports to provide PE instruction and recess coaches. PTO also funds 50% of our middle school PE teacher. (The remaining 50% is funded through the district.)
- School Counselors: The PTO helps fund the equivalent of a full-time counselor to support our students in all aspects of their lives that may lead to enhanced school performance and increased engagement in learning.
- Art Classes: Visual arts program taught by professional art instructors through CSMA Art4Schools. (K-8)
- STEM Enrichment: Monthly hands-on lessons through Science from Scientists. (4-5)
- Musical Theatre: The PTO partners with San Carlos Children’s Theater to coordinate an annual musical starring Roy Cloud students.
- Science Workshops: Vendors such as Marine Science Institute and Lawrence Hall of Science bring hands-on science workshops to the classroom. (K-5)
- Music: This year, the music program will be offered for K-3 through CSMA Music4Schools. The school district offers instrumental music for 6-8.
- Technology: The PTO continues to fund all necessary technology for Roy Cloud students.
- PTO Teacher Grants: Classroom support, supplies, and equipment or professional development specifically requested by teachers to support their students.
- After-School Enrichment Classes: The PTO helps support a robust program of after-school enrichment classes for grades K-8.
- And Much More! Field trips, library books, teacher stipends for classroom supplies, staff appreciation events, school beautification, student scholarships and assistance.