The Roy Cloud PTO is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, tax id is 26-4393209, whose purpose is to promote and support the education and well-being of the Roy Cloud students through programs, events, and services. The PTO is committed to enhancing the educational experience for our students by supporting academic and enrichment activities, as well as raise money for the enhancement of the school environment. We are focused on strengthening the relationship between home and school by facilitating communication and encouraging productive engagement amongst parents, teachers, administrators, the school board, and the community.
All members of Roy Cloud School are strongly encouraged to participate in and volunteer for PTO events throughout the year. The success of the Roy Cloud and the PTO can be seen in the cooperation between teachers and parents as we work together for the best interest of our children and our school.
It is both PTO financial support and active parent volunteerism that ensures we have these important programs on campus:
- NEW! Full time STEAM Teacher on Special Assignment: This teacher will provide tech integration coaching and run a maker lab for our students. PTO funds 50%, remaining 50% paid by Measure U funds. Also included is a fund for maker lab support (such as materials and equipment.)
- NEW! Part Time Administrative Assistant for Teachers: This position is 3 hours per day of copying, laminating or other support as requested by teachers.
- NEW! Social Emotional Learning Initiative: Funded through the Fund A Need at the 2019 school auction, the goal of this initiative is to create an environment where all children feel safe, valued and are ready to learn. The program will include in school programs and family events.
- Garden Science: Science education and environmental literacy in our beautiful outdoor garden, provided through Climate Corps Education Outside. NEW this year, the program is extended to include garden science for our 4th and 5th graders. (K-5)
- Physical Education: For K-5, PTO contracts with Legarza Sports to provide PE instruction and recess coaches. NEW this year, PTO also funds 50% of our middle school PE teacher. (The remaining 50% is funded through the district.)
- School Counselors: Through a partnership with the Sequoia Healthcare District, the PTO contracts with Star Vista to provide the equivalent of a full-time school counselor. The counselors support our students in all aspects of their lives that may lead to enhanced school performance and increased engagement in learning.
- Art Classes: Visual arts program taught by professional art instructors through CSMA Art4Schools. (K-8)
- STEM Enrichment: Monthly hands-on lessons through Science from Scientists. (4-5)
- Musical Theatre: The PTO partners with San Carlos Children’s Theater to coordinate an annual musical starring Roy Cloud Students.
- Science Workshops: Vendors such as Marine Science Institute and Lawrence Hall of Science bring hands-on science workshops to the classroom. (K-5)
- Music: Sessions with percussionist, James Henry, are highly anticipated by K-1 classes. He provides a superb foundation for music participation and appreciation. All 2nd-5th graders receive music education through Music for Minors funded by Redwood City Education Foundation. The school district offers instrumental music for 6-8.
- Technology: The PTO continues to fund all necessary technology for Roy Cloud students.
- PTO Teacher Grants: Classroom support, supplies and equipment or professional development specifically requested by teachers to support their students.
- And Much More! Field trips, library books, teacher stipends for classroom supplies, staff appreciation events, school beautification, student scholarships and assistance.
Click here to review the revised Roy Cloud PTO Budget 2019-2020 School Year
When We Meet
We meet once a month at 6:30pm in the Roy Cloud Library. Our 2019-2020 meetings are listed below, we hope to see you there! Meeting notes are uploaded once they are approved by the board, click on the date to download your copy.
- 2019-2020 Meeting Dates
- August 20, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- December 17, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- May 19, 2020