*Auction ticket purchase not required to buy pre-auction catalog items
Roy Cloud Auction FAQ:
When is the auction?
The original auction date has been postponed due to the Omicron COVID surge. The auction will now take place on Saturday, May 7th, at 6 pm at Domenico Winery in San Carlos. Please arrive promptly as the evening schedule is packed and the silent auction takes place before dinner.
Where do I get tickets?
Tickets are on sale now until they sell out. Tickets are $150 each and the ticket price is partially tax deductible.
Can I buy catalog items without attending or purchasing tickets?
Yes! Some auction catalog items – including teacher-hosted events and parent-hosted parties – are on sale now! You do not need to attend the auction or purchase tickets to buy these items. You simply need to create an account in our auction system and sign up for these items. You will not be billed for these items until after the auction. Live auction catalog items are only available to bidders during the live auction. If silent auction items do not sell out at the auction, they will be available for sale after the auction until they sell out.
What COVID safety protocols are in place?
The Roy Cloud auction is considered a private event and will follow CDPH guidelines for private events. As of April, 2022, masking will be optional. We reserve the right to update our safety protocols, including masking requirements, closer to the event based on the local situation. We request and encourage all attendees to:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Take a COVID-19 test and obtain a negative result on the day of the auction
- Refrain from high-risk activities and potential exposures the week before the auction
- Not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness
Is the auction indoors or outdoors?
Domenico Winery is a large indoor event venue in San Carlos.
Who attends the auction?
The Roy Cloud auction is a wonderful adults-only event for our entire community. Attendees usually include parents and guardians, adult family members, Roy Cloud teachers and staff, and other community members involved with our school.
How many people attend the auction?
Between 200-250 people attended the past few auctions.
What do people wear?
There is no official dress code, but cocktail attire is appropriate. This year’s auction theme is “Light Up the Night,” so cocktail attire with sparkle, shine, and shimmer is highly encouraged!
What happens at the auction?
- Upon arrival you will be given a unique bidder number to be used for both the silent and live auction
- During the cocktail hour, there is an opportunity to buy raffle tickets and bid on silent auction items, including parties, camps, and teacher sponsored activities
- Guests are seated at their table for dinner and the live auction begins after the main course
- An auctioneer runs the live auction with about 10-15 items such as a stay at an apartment in Paris, a Tahoe home, the auction winner parking spaces in the Jefferson and Red Oak lots, Principal for a Day and more
- After the live auction, there is a Dessert Dash, where the table with the highest bid gets the first choice from the amazing dessert table that has desserts donated from parents and local bakeries
- And we finish off the night with music and dancing
When will I be able to view the auction catalog?
The auction catalog will be available in mid April.
Who do I contact with questions?
Please contact email@example.com for questions or information.